- Where does the lemon flavor come from? We use organic lemon oil to give the bars their amazing lemon taste.
- Do these need to be refrigerated? No. Store your bars at ambient or room temperature, and we advise you to keep them out of direct sunlight.
- How do these compare with other protein bars on the market? These bars provide protein from only collagen and nuts. No dairy, no grain, non-GMO. These bars provide quality fats that are supportive for a ketogenic dietary lifestyle.
- Can I get a box of mixed flavors? Not at this time.
- What is chicory root fiber and why is it in your product? Chicory root (also known as inulin) is fiber. It contributes to your daily intake of fiber to support smooth digestion.
- What is inulin? Inulin is a prebiotic – an ingestible long-chain soluble fiber that your gut flora (the good bacteria you already have in your gut) can consume and ferment. You can think of prebiotic foods as high quality fuel for your gut bacteria.
- What I am experiencing slight indigestion when I eat the bar? This may be caused from the prebiotic inulin. If prebiotics are not a part of your regular diet, you may experience some indigestion when first consuming Collagen Bars and Bites. This is a temporary side effect from feeding your gut flora and should lessen as your body adjusts.
- What is the source of cashew butter? The cashew butter is organic.
- Should I not take this if I’m allergic to nuts? Do not consume if you are allergic to nuts or coconut.
- Are the cashews tested for mold? Yes, we only source our organic cashews from specific suppliers that care about quality and we test all of our products including our bars to meet stringent quality standards for mold and other performance-robbing substances.