Fat Face Skincare Australia available now!
Making changes to your diet can have direct impacts on your wardrobe but reducing inflammatory toxins and kryptonite foods is just the beginning of a healthy lifestyle. No matter where you are on the journey to a cleaner pantry, household, and even mind inevitably you would have taken a look at products you put on your skin.
Your Largest Organ
It’s common knowledge but what have you done to ensure your looking after what you put on your body along with what you put in it?
Now, it’s also no secret that we are fans of Grass-fed meat, happy cows, and sources of healthy fat like coconut oil, but when we came across this weirdly named product in the last Quarterly Box from Dave Asprey, the creator of Bulletproof Coffee we have to say that we were a little skeptical about rubbing this stuff all over our bodies?!
We’ve also been on the hunt for a deodorant that was both healthy and worked, but to date had no luck (especially with that last part – much to the dismay of our coworkers on hot days..) so our dire need helped our curiosity into giving this a go.
For decades we’ve been told to avoid fat and as educated Bulletproof rockstars that you are, know that this was some crazy media that has caused more harm than good. A quick reminder of just a couple of the killer applications of Good Healthy Fat from our friends at Fat Face Skincare:
- Our brains are comprised of nearly 60% fat. Essential fatty acids are among the most crucial molecules that effect our brain’s ability to perform
- Fat aids in the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K. These vitamins are fat soluble, which means that they can only be absorbed if there is fat in a person’s diet. So you can keep taking all those expensive supplements, but without adequate Fat in your diet, they’ll end up leaving your body just as quickly as they came in, without being absorbed and used
- Adequate fat intake is essential to growth and development. Young kids, especially, need a certain amount of fat in their diets to help the brain and nervous system develop correctly
- Fats are the building blocks of hormones
- Fat is necessary for insulating all nervous system tissues in the body
As with all products that we support here at Butter Coffee, Fat Face use only grass-fed, happy cows and use organic products in their skincare range and we are so excited to bring you 4 hot products from these guys.
- Fat Face Body Butter: Moisturising and Calming – lather yourself up with some soothing decadence
- Fat Face Stank Stop – (peroxide, aluminium, and paraben free) Women’s or Men’s Deodorant
- Fat Face Stank Stop Men’s – for the guys not yet ready to smell like flowers (or explain to the other blokes at work)
- Fat Face Pit Spritz – top up on those long hot summer days with this handy purse or glove box friendly mini-spray bottle
Our favourite product we’ve been testing is the Fat Face Stank Stop – amazing name and even more amazing product.
As a husband and wife team, Nathan wasn’t sure using the non-man Lavender version would be appropriate (he also isn’t a fan of lavender as a scent), but after just a few days of using this in the warming climate his verdict – “It actually works!” and he also doesn’t mind the added calming side effect of the essential oils. This from a busy guy that doesn’t need to use harsh soap anymore!
He has since tested the Men’s Stank Stop and now alternates between the two opting for the men’s version on workout days (pretty sure it’s). This stuff is so powerful you only use a fingernail (half a 5c piece) worth under each arm for all-day anti-stinky. So good.
For centuries, humans have been using things like naturally pressed plant oils and animal fats (like Tallow) in skin moisturizers and healing balms. But unfortunately, the topical application of animal fats seemed to stop around the same time that animal fats disappeared from our diets.
We sometimes forget that we are animals rather than plants. Therefore, the fact that our society thinks it’s “weird” to use animal fats on our body seems unsubstantiated and quite honestly, a little absurd. The modern taboo of not using animals fats is as unfounded as the idea that we shouldn’t have fats in our diet. Not only do plant products contain very little saturated fats, but they also lack the other nutrients that are needed for healthy skin.
- Our cell membrane is made up primarily of fatty acids. Saturated fats constitute at least 50 percent of the cell membrane. Since saturated fats tend to be more solid than unsaturated fats at a given temperature, they help give the cell membrane its necessary stiffness and integrity for proper function
- Tallow contains the abundant natural fat-soluble activators, vitamins A, D, and K, as well as vitamin E, which are found only in animal fats and which are all necessary for general health and for skin health
- Tallow’s structure is very similar to sebum, the oily, waxy matter that lubricates and waterproofs our skin. Sebum is made up of lipids (fats) of which 41 percent are in the form of triglycerides, and the lipids of tallow are principally in the form of triglycerides, which is how fatty acids are usually configured in nature
- Tallow from grass-fed animals contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has anti-inflammatory properties, as well as palmitoleic acid, which has natural antimicrobial properties
- Tallow from grass-fed cows has a better mineral and micronutrient profile, including higher levels of vitamins. It contains four times the amount vitamin E and three to five times more CLA that those fed a “conventional” diet.
The Weston A Price website has an amazing article, which contains everything you could ever want to know about Tallow. http://www.westonaprice.org/know-your-fats/traditional-nourishing-and-healing-skin-care
Ready to check it out for yourself? You can find all 3 products here
What Else in In These?
Fat Face combines these healthy fats with even more goodness with coconut oil and other essential oils. As well as natural ingredients to help your skin and body perform for you (instead of do all the hard work to protect you from the chemicals you are putting on it)
- Magnesium oil to help you calm and switch off adrenaline
- Lavender and Clary Sage oils
- Cypress, Scotch Pine, and Coriander
- Avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil, aloe vera
- Cacao butter, shea butter, avocado butter, mango butter
- Arrowroot powder, aluminium-free baking soda, beeswax
Why Fat Face?
We look carefully at all new products here and only ever carry products we use ourselves and would be happy to give the whole family (with the exception of a long black on our 4 and 5 year old of course!) and these guys know how to produce a great product that stands up to our strict standards for quality, health, animal ethics, sustainability, and environmental friendliness:
- All of the Tallow comes from Organic, Pastured, Grass Fed, HAPPY cows
- All oils and most butters are certified organic
- All essential oils are either certified organic or wild harvested
- Certified Paleo
- 100% recyclable, BPA free containers
- Supporting the Farm to Consumer Legal Defence Fund
- Chemical and preservative free
- as all products are real, the shelf-life is a little over 6 months
Go ahead and try it for yourself and if you are interested in more from the Fat Face Skincare range, let us know, we are planning to stock the full range in the near future but we can be swayed if you wanted something in particular.