UPDATE: Key Ghee are no longer producing this amazing product, BUT BULLETPROOF have come to the party!! We now have the Awesome Grass-Fed Bulletproof Ghee available in the store
You asked for a nutritionally superior and delicious butter alternative for your Bulletproof Coffee, we delivered. A beautifully rich, local Margaret River hand made grass-fed (and organic) Ghee is now available.
Ghee or “clarified butter”, has been used for thousands of years around the world for both it’s profound health benefits and it’s decadent flavour. Conveniently it doesn’t need to be kept in the fridge!
Health Benefits Ghee:
- Rich in soluble vitamins – A and E
- Also K2 and CLA – Conjugated linoleic acid an antioxidant and anti-viral
- Instant, Sustainable Energy – Ghee is full of fatty acids which are absorbed by the liver and converted to energy, much more efficiently than carbs
- Weight Loss – energy from burning these fats also burns other fats in the system
- Excellent source of butyric acid – a short chain fatty acid. Beneficial intestinal bacteria convert fiber into butyric acid and then use that for energy and intestinal wall support.
- Buttery goodness without the allergies – most people who are lactose or casein intolerant find they can still use Ghee as it has had the milk solids removed
Uses of Ghee:
- High smoking (temp) point – you can cook up to 250c or 482f
- Ayurvedic practitioners have used ghee in thousands of different herbal preparations – infusing the ghee with spices for specific medicinal and or flavour purposes
- Does not spoil like butter – ghee can last up to 100 years!
Can I put Ghee in my Bulletproof Coffee? Why yes, yes you can. I personally use ghee when travelling as you don’t need to keep it in the fridge. I have even managed to make a Bulletproof Coffee on an international flight
So if you are looking for an alternative to butter but don’t want to forgo the amazing health benefits or flavour, our Ghee is the perfect substitute. If you find the full buttery creaminess is lacking with Ghee, you can add either an egg yolk or Upgraded Cacao Butter, which will help the blend emulsify and adds a chocolate note to the flavour (delectable!).