Spice up your morning routine with these tasty ketogenic recipes for breakfast.
Are you tired of the monotonous routine of toast and cereal every day?
Switching to a ketogenic diet may just be the solution you need.
Numerous studies show that this kind of diet may help improve your overall health, as well as provide some weight loss benefits.
Most importantly, they are all filled with healthy, nourishing ingredients that are Paleo-approved too!
What about Skipping Breakfast?
Pauline, a keto enthusiast, finds that it is easy for her to skip breakfast altogether, since cutting out carbohydrates makes the feeling of hunger fade, thus allowing reduced meal frequency.
However, skipping breakfast as part of an intermittent fasting diet is not for everyone, and this is where the following breakfast recipes will be highly beneficial.
Starting your morning with a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet can give you a notable energy boost to get you through the day.
Luckily, we have done all of the legwork for you and listed some of the best keto recipes for breakfast.
Let’s get right into the list and see how you can transform your morning routine with ketogenic recipes.
Super Fast Scramble
Very often we look for fast and straightforward ketogenic recipes for breakfast and we forget how quickly we can just as easily prepare scrambled eggs!
This dish is very versatile, making it easy to add a few leftovers from your fridge.
You don’t always have to use ham; you could go for turkey, pulled pork or sausage. Make sure you don’t overcook the scrambled eggs as they can become watery, so keep a close eye on your pan!
Very often we look for a fast and straightforward #KetogenicBreakfast recipe, and we forget how quickly one can prepare scrambled eggs.
Spinach, red bell peppers, mushrooms, ghee or coconut oil, ham, salt and eggs
- Chop up the ham and vegetables.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil in your frying pan. Sauté the ham and vegetables in the melted fat.
- Whisk three eggs in a different frying pan with 1/2 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil and cook on low to medium heat while stirring the eggs to avoid overcooking.
- Add pepper and salt to the eggs once they are ready.
- Finally, add the sautéed ham and vegetables into the cooked eggs. Mix it up and then serve immediately.
Ground Beef Skillet and Creamy Cauliflower
Yes, you read that right. Ground beef is not just limited to dinner; you can still have some for breakfast.
With this simple one-pan keto recipe, you can incorporate eggs into a pan of ground beef and cauliflower with some avocado sprinkles for a protein-rich, hunger-stomping breakfast.
Ghee, chopped onions, cloves of garlic, cauliflower, pepper, eggs, diced avocado, ground beef.
- Place two tablespoons of ghee in a pan and set at medium to high heat. Add chopped onions, peppers and garlic once the fat becomes hot. Cook until the mixture becomes softened.
- Add the ground beef next, along with pepper and salt and let it cook until the meat turns slightly brown.
- Reduce the heat and add in some grated cauliflower. Cook for around 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 1/2 cup of water, mayo, cumin and fish sauce into a big measuring cup. Whisk until the mixture is well combined and then pour it into the pot.
- After a few minutes when the ingredients have fully absorbed all the liquids, remove the pan from the heat and spread out the mixture evenly. Make four dimples in the mixture and then add an egg to each dimple.
- Finally, place the skillet in the oven for around ten minutes and serve immediately with fresh cut avocado on top.
Related: Top Keto Breakfasts
Here is a satiating and interesting option for those who like having porridge as part of their morning routine, but are unable to find satisfying keto porridge recipes.
The good news is that this creamy, rich and sweet breakfast porridge will keep you feeling full for hours.
If it is within your daily carbs quota, you can top up this egg porridge with slices of peaches, apples, and berries.
#Ketogenic diets are proven to promote weight loss, a better balance of blood sugar as well as long-term satiety to finally eliminate those late morning hunger pains.
Eggs, cream, Bulletproof approved sweetener, butter, cinnamon.
- Combine two eggs, sweetener and cream in a mixing bowl and whisk the mixture.
- Melt some butter in a saucepan over low to medium heat, making sure that the butter does not become a brown colour but instead simply melts.
- Add the cream and egg mixture into the pan and start mixing until it thickens and begins curdling.
- When the curdling starts, the egg porridge is finally ready, and you can transfer it to the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle lots of cinnamon, and you can dig in for a delicious, nutritious porridge.
Vegetarian Cheese Quiche Stuffed Peppers
One of the best things about making a breakfast quiche is that you can serve it either cold or hot.
However, many people often think that quiches must involve complicated ingredients and take a lot of time to make.
That is surely not ideal for a quick keto breakfast, right?
Luckily for you, there’s a very simple-to-follow quiche recipe that is vegetarian-friendly and satisfying.
Bell peppers, eggs, cheese, shredded mozzarella, parsley, baby spinach, parmesan cheese.
- Slice the bell peppers into two halves and remove the seeds.
- Blend the cheeses, parsley, eggs and garlic powder in a food processor.
- Pour the resulting mixture into each half of the pepper and then add some baby spinach on top.
- Cover the peppers with foil, then bake for half an hour.
- Lastly, sprinkle some parmesan cheese and then broil for five minutes before serving.
Related: How to Make a Foolproof Quiche
Mocha Chia Aromatic Pudding
If you love chocolate and coffee and are in search of a nutritious keto breakfast that includes both, then this recipe may be the perfect option.
The chia seeds used in this recipe are highly beneficial, providing 17,4% protein, 76% fat and only 6% carbs.
Chia seeds are the perfect ketogenic food!
To add to that healthy list of nutrition, you just need some complementary and tasty flavours, and then you are good to go!
A great alternative to this recipe is using yoghurt as the base and adding chia seeds and strawberries for taste.
Herbal coffee, 1/3 cup dry chia seeds, vanilla extract, cacao nibs and coconut cream.
- Start by brewing some herbal coffee and simmer until the liquid significantly reduces.
- Strain the coffee and then blend in vanilla extract and coconut cream and whisk.
- Add cacao nibs and chia seeds and stir the mixture all together.
- Finally, place in a bowl and wait for at least half an hour before serving.
A healthy low carb, high fat breakfast has the power of setting the tone and energy for the whole day, so you must ensure that it is satisfying, nutritious and delicious.
Regardless of whether you are on a keto diet or not, the breakfast recipes listed here are rich in proteins and healthy fats, which are beneficial for your overall health.
Ketogenic diets are proven to promote weight loss, to create a better balance of blood sugar as well as long-term satiety. You’ll finally eliminate those late morning hunger pains!
Feel free to customize the above recipes to suit your needs to ensure that you are within your daily goals whether it is by adding or taking out some of the ingredients.
As always, the best way to succeed with your ketogenic recipes is by focusing on satisfaction and simplicity.
Want more insight on how to get that added energy boost we’re all looking for? Take a look at our article on Coconut oil and MCT Oil today!